I almost can’t believe it – my blog is a toddler. Yup, it’s been two years to the day that I started this blog. And wow, was year two a humdinger. I wouldn’t have been able to do it without each and every one of you, my readers, whether new or old…thank you for making a small space for me in this overcrowded internet. You have no idea how much it means!
Two years ago I wasn’t in the best place. I had been laid off from my job and was depressed. But this was something I had always wanted to do, so I figured why not? And blogging was helpful in getting through that time, just as it’s been helpful getting through 2020.
The best part about blogging is that I have learned SO much! Photography, writing, social media, new cooking techniques, new facts about the world around me, the list goes on. I’m grateful to my readers and just for the fact that I have the time and means to blog. I still have imposter syndrome pretty much all the time, but at some point you have to let go and just do the thing you want to do.
Year 2 highlights:
- 51 posts published, including this one! My goal was once a week, I got so close, so I’m calling it a 2020 win.
- 212 followers on WordPress and 55 followers on Instagram!
- Nearly 7000 visitors in 2020…wow!
- My top three posts were Homemade Nando’s Peri Peri Sauce, Pumpkin Pie Mochi Bites, and Burmese-Inspired Coconut Noodle Soup (Ohno Kauk Swe)
- The posts I’m most proud of were Grilled Eggplant and Halloumi Salad, Indian-Style Spinach & Halloumi Cheese (Palak Halloumi), and again the Pumpkin Pie Mochi Bites.
What should I do this year? Let me know in the comments!